Thursday, January 22, 2009

Sentimental

This morning while I  loaded up the dishwasher and Anna Cate sat at the table, finishing up her breakfast, I had a wave of emotion that was bittersweet flood over me.  Not too long ago, she sat in a high chair while I fed her baby cereal.  I know one day, sooner than I even realize, I will look up and no longer see a silly little monkey eating a banana in her footy pajamas at my kitchen table.  I had to get my camera to take a picture so I'll remember one day what my mornings were like. 

 Sometimes, I feel like each day goes by so painfully slow as we follow our same little routine.  I wonder how many times I've sung "The Wheels on the Bus" or the "Itsy Bitsy Spider."  I realized what a horrible person I was when I hid her book, The Ants Go Marching, for a day because I thought I may go insane if I had to read it " just one more time."  I know one day, I will give anything to have her want me to read it to her, but she will be gone and involved in a life of her own.  So for now, I'll cherish every single moment I have with her and remind myself how incredibly lucky I am to be at home and stuck in the same 'ole daily routine.

2 comments:

Debra Dele said...

I am such a sap! That made me a little sad to think of her all grown up... and I'm not even her mama! :) And you're not a horrible person, just human! I don't know how you do the same thing over and over again everyday, but you do it because you're a good mama! Love you!

Daniel and Carrie Moore said...

Your little girl is the cutest! It's been forever. Congrats on baby #2. We are excited about the next 9 weeks and all that goes into it. I've enjoyed checking your blog! Take care.