Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Kitchen Reveal!

Will surprised me after Christmas by telling me to go pick out my paint because he was going to tackle the major project of painting the cabinets and paneling in our kitchen during his week of vacation the week after Christmas!!!! 

I was totally surprised and caught off guard.   
It was the BEST SURPRISE EVER!!! 

And what a project to tackle.  It literally took him all week.  He had to sand all of the wood and take down the cabinets before he even started painting.  His time was well worth the effort (and soooooo appreciated!) because now I LOVE being in our new kitchen!


BEFORE:


AFTER!
The white totally changes the whole look of the space and it turned out even better than I expected it to! :)  The pictures don't do justice to how much it feels like a totally different house.  



He also finished this table for us in November, but I hadn't posted a picture of it yet.  We used a hand-me-down table in our old house and had been borrowing a table from my parents when we moved.  We are excited to finally have our very own kitchen table after 4 years of marriage! We purchased the table and chairs from Goodwood during a 50% off sale, and then he stained them a dark walnut color.  It turned out beautiful!

4 comments:

Stacey said...

WOW!! It looks great! I know how excited you must be. :-)

Jess said...

What a fresh, new look! And what a super, duper handy-man husband you have, to do all of the hard work of sanding and painting himself! It looks awesome! I know you're thrilled! And your new table is so pretty! I hadn't seen that! Love it!! I hope you're feeling alright. I'd really like to get together one day soon! The days keep going by too fast! It's been forever since we've seen you guys!!

Chad and Mollie Hayes said...

Your new kitchen looks so nice!! I can't believe Will was able to do that in a week!! I know it is exciting to feel like you're in a fresh, new kitchen!

Erin said...

WONDERFUL transformation!! Just beautiful! I'm dying to know the name of your brown paint in your eat-in area, it's fantastic!