Sunday, July 5, 2009

Not So Happy 4th of July

I looked for some cute pictures to post of the 4th, but I realized...we have NONE.  Every single picture I took one or both girls were crying and upset, which pretty much sums up our entire day.  

We had grand plans of playing and swimming at the lake, BBQ lunch with the Crews family, and then a boat ride at night to see the fireworks at Dreher Island.  

We only made it to the lake house for a quick lunch and then were home again for naps.  


Will trying to tickle a smile out of Anna Cate.
Nope...not gonna happen.



Take 2:
  The wind kept blowing my hair in my face
Anna Cate is like, "I'm so over this picture" 
 Caroline is saying, "OK people, party is OVER , I'm mad and I really mean it this time!" 

Hope your 4th of July celebrations went better than ours did! ;)

3 comments:

Jess said...

MC-- this post is a CLASSIC!! Mrs. Lula always says that it's the days like these that make the MEMORIES! She'll recall events from raising her five and say, "it wasn't exactly what we had planned, but it was a MEMORY!" Even though their fussiness, your girls are precious and your family is beautiful! Don;t worry about missing the fireworks-- maybe it's just this age they are at, but when we told Benson we were going to see the fireworks, he said, "No fireworks- stay home!" and he closed his eyes a lot during the show-- Maybe next year!!
Hope to see you guys sometime soon!!

Mary Catherine said...

Thanks for the encouragement Jessica! It is funny you mentioned Miss Lula because the past couple of weeks I've been thinking that I needed a little of Miss Lula's perspective about my role at home! My house was starting to smell a little more like collards than cookies if you know what I mean! ;) I know one day I'll look back and just laugh at the chaos that is our life right now.

Ben Fowler said...

I won't pretend to have a clue about what it's like to juggle a two year old and a newborn, but I know there are people who would give anything to trade places with you. I don't mean that to say I think you're not happy or grateful, just trying to help with perspective : )
I'm not one for fluffy optimism, but I'm sure things will improve soon. Hang in there.