Monday, July 20, 2009

I. Give. Up.

 You would think taking a nap would be an easy, daily event in the life of a 2 year old.  Lay down, close eyes, and drift off to sleep.

Not this child.  
She has a talent for entertaining herself with whatever is available to her in her room.  

This started when she was a mere 8 months old.  Instead of laying down to sleep one afternoon, I found that she had somehow entertained herself with catching butterflies before her nap.  Hanging over her crib was a jumbled mess of what was once her mobile.  How she even was able to reach them still baffles me to this day.       


As she has gotten older, her habit has grown increasingly worse and worse.  Most afternoons I'll find her with books, toys, clothes, shoes, (yes even her piggy bank). 

I've tried everything and nothing has worked.  So last week I removed every toy and book from her room.  I'm talking down to the bare bones.  Only the furniture remained.  I thought there was nothing left she could entertain herself with...


  

I was wrong. 
 This is what Will found when he went to get her up from her nap last Friday afternoon. 

4 comments:

Brooke said...

oh MY! I have laughed my noggin off looking at that picture! She is one smart cookie!!!

Charles said...

I LOVE it! That made me laugh so hard. I miss yall! I'm getting your number off of my email right now.

Jess said...

I'm sitting here CRACKING UP at this post! This is HILARIOUS!! thanks for sharing!

Home Team said...

That is hilarious and precious!!!