Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Friday evening one of our most favorite people came by for a visit.  Will's best friend, Andrew, was in town and came over for some front porch sitting, dinner, and a sunset cruise on the lake.  My favorite way to kick off a weekend. 

  It was great to see him and spend some time together.    I've known Andrew since we were in the same 7th grade class.  He and Will became friends in high school and then roomed together all through college.  They remained roomies in Savannah right up until the day Will and I got married.  I think I spent as much time with Andrew as I  did with Will while we were dating!  I know he loves Savannah, but I wish he'd move closer so we could see him more often.  
 
Why some cute girl hasn't snagged him up yet I just do not know.  He's a cutie pie,  good ole southern boy for any of you interested single ladies out there! :)

Anna Cate kept him thoroughly entertained with stories of Cinderella's glass slipper and other such topics that she enjoys discussing with people these days.   He was a good sport as Anna Cate is not the typical female I'm sure his is accustomed to spending a Friday evening with. ;)


Unfortunately, I was unable to relax and enjoy the beautiful sunset because I was worried the entire time that Caroline was on the boat without a life jacket on.  The only way Will was even able to get me on the boat was to promise he wouldn't drive faster than 10 miles an hour and would stay right by the shore.  We never even left our cove, just puttered around for about 30 minutes.  I was paranoid the entire time that another boat would come flying at us, ram into the side of the boat, rendering me unconscious, and sending little Caroline flying into the water.   Never mind the fact that we never even saw another boat the entire time we were out on the water. 
 
Caroline's looking at me like, "I'm not so sure about this mom."



 Saturday morning we went to the garden to pick some blueberries and look for "P Hop" (Peter Rabbit).  There is a little bunny that lives in the garden and I've seen him several times in the evenings when I'm picking tomatoes or corn for our supper.  Anna Cate's been on the lookout for him all summer, but hasn't seen him yet.  We'll keep looking until she does!




4 comments:

Debra Dele said...

I see Benny got to go for a boat ride. I'm surprised I haven't heard about this yet! I'll have to ask when I see AC next. :)

Jess said...

I'm with you-- why hasn't some girl snagged Andrew up?! He's quite a catch! He'll always be "Andrew Apples" to me-- the first time I ever met him was in a computer class at the Tech center where our teacher had us playing a name game and he was Andrew Apples! :) Such a sweet guy!

I would have been the same way about taking Caroline on the boat without a life jacket-- Thank you for sharing your paranoia on the blog-- it makes me feel much better about mine! :) I get so nervous when we go out on the boat for the same exact reason! I'm scared some uncontrollable boat's gonna ram into us! Gotta keep telling myself that the Lord is in control... the Lord is in control!

I sure hope we get to see you guys soon!

Whoa-- this is one long blog comment-- i probably should have typed this in an email, but oh well :)

Larry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Larry said...

Hey Mary Catherine! I follow Jessica Ryan's blog and saw you linked to hers. You are right about Andrew being a "snag" ;) If he feels the need to change that, I'm single as well!

Your girls are absolutely precious!! I hope you are doing well!

Jeanne Blackburn