Tuesday, August 19, 2008

An Owl, a Book, and a Shiny Bracelet

One of my favorite things to find waiting on me in the mailbox is the Pottery Barn Kids catalog.  Although I've never purchased a thing from the catalog, it is full of ideas and inspiration for children's rooms.  These adorable little owls caught my attention in the latest issue and I have been itching to try and make one for Anna Cate.   



She turned out so cute and Anna Cate loves her!  This afternoon, I was trying to get a picture of them together.  During out "photo shoot," Anna Cate picked up a book and started reading.  It is one of her favorites, Mommies Say Shhhhhh.  The book goes through the different farm animals and the sounds they each make and at the end it says that Mommies say "shhhh".  


Although we've read it a hundred times together, I've never seen her attempt to actually "read" it herself.  Sometimes, she'll pick up a book and babble like she is reading, but today, she actually followed along and made the appropriate animal sound on each page!  Then, on the page with the mommy,  she put her fingers up the her lips to say "shhhh"!!



I love this age!! We are having the most fun watching her develop her imagination and her own  personality.  Our baby is all but gone, but in her place is a little person and we are having so much fun finding out who she is! :)

(And I forgot to mention the bracelet...but you can see it on her wrist.  It is an old one I wore in a wedding that has fake diamonds all the way around it.  Anna Cate thinks it is a must have accessory and wears it everywhere.   She loves to put it on and off and admire it as it shines.  Sorry to Daddy if he thought he had a tomboy, but I think we have a girlie girl on our hands here!!)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Priceless! She is just too sweet!