Friday, July 11, 2008

Little Apron


Now that Anna Cate is feeding herself, a regular sized baby bib no longer protects her clothes from the amount of food she spills and drops on herself.  She usually has a nice collection of her dinner sitting in her lap by the time the meal is over. ;)

I found this cute pattern at Leila and Ben, an etsy shop that sells modern patterns for babies and children.  Last night I dug through my fabric scraps and made this cute little apron for her to wear at the table.    

It took me about an hour to make and it turned out so cute!  Typically, I do not like to sew using patterns because I find them confusing and tedious.  This pattern, however, was SUPER easy to follow and I would highly recommend it to anyone who could sew on a beginner/intermediate level.  

We tried it out for breakfast this morning and it works GREAT!! It is long enough to contain the mess in her lap so that food doesn't fall to the floor.  Now she'll look stylish and cute while staying neat and clean at the dinner table!


3 comments:

Brooke said...

you are so crafty mc! I need to come take some craftiness lessons from you :) Hope you and everyone else are doing great!

Chad and Mollie Hayes said...

So cute! I'm the same way about patterns. I usually just do my own thing and save myself the headache and wasted time of trying to understand a pattern. I'll have to look into that brand. Thanks!

Sarah said...

I had no idea you were so talented!